[Deis Documentation] Manage Deis configuration load balancing
Note: This article translated from Deis official documents, without any commercial purposes, reproduced please indicate the source.
Deis contains multiple routing components as part of the routing grid. In the case of a host failure, these routing components can move the host. Therefore, it is recommended that you configure a complex equalizer to accept the application's external access request at the front end of the Deis cluster.
The lower port needs to be open on the load balancing component:
– 80: access to the service application, and API call to the controller component
– 2222: Used to access the Builder component If you want to configure SSL on your load balancer, see the SSL / TLS endpoint.
On the load balancer, you should configure a health check to send an HTTP request to / health-check on port 80 of all nodes in the Deis cluster. The endpoint of the health check returns a status code of 200. This allows the load balancer to send traffic to a host that is running the deis-router component at a time.
Deis's EC2 script will automatically create an Elastic load balancer for your Deis cluster. However, the ELB on EC2 will timeout 60s, which will interrupt the git push when using Deis. You should manually raise this timeout value to 1200 seconds to match the timeout time on the router and application unit files.
- Deis installation documentation (3) installation Deis platform
- [Deis document] Deis installation of the rapid start
- HeheCloud cluster build guide
- Deis document management Deis platform monitoring
- Docker PaaS - Deis used
- 【Deis document】 custom Deis custom store-monitor
You need to create two complex equalizers, like this:
Load Balancer 1
Health Monitoring -
Monitor Type HTTP
HTTP Path /health-check
Load Balancer 2
Virtual IP Shared VIP on Another Load Balancer (select Load Balancer 1)
Google Compute Engine
The instructions for the operation of the Google Compute Engine include the steps to create a load balancer. It is not possible to modify the time-out of the load balancer in Google Compute Engine.