DaoCloud Toolbox officially released, to enhance the domestic user Docker experience
What is DaoCloud Toolbox?
DaoCloud Toolbox consists of a series of Linux command line tools and background services, is a integrated Docker Hub download acceleration, Docker host garbage collection, hybrid container management and other functions in a tool software.
Tool 1: Docker Accelerator Upgrade
DaoCloud launched in early 2015 Docker accelerator to provide Docker Hub image download acceleration, greatly enhance the domestic network access to the Docker Hub speed, with a wide range of user groups. Then, due to the Docker Registry principle, the use of accelerators, still can not avoid the direct connection Docker Hub Index metadata server link slow or even interrupt the problem (such as the following figure).
The DaoCloud toolkit contains the upgraded Docker Accelerator for the Docker Accelerator. Download the Docker Hub image using the dao pull command line tool to get a super-fast download experience similar to Thunderbolt. Dao pull can completely replace the docker pull, and has the following characteristics:
- Take full advantage of our latest production of distributed Docker image distribution network, with cloud intelligent routing and caching capabilities.
- Using Docker 1.8 latest technology to achieve multi-channel parallel download, and in the protocol layer optimization, to enhance the concurrent transmission speed.
- Seamlessly compatible with all kinds of private Docker mirror repository download operation.
The following figure is dao pull run the screenshot, whether with the Thunder to download the film in general feeling?
Tool 2: Docker Scavenger
With the use of Docker and the container is created and destroyed, Docker hosts often produce various types of "junk". DaoCloud Toolbox provides Docker scavenger tool that can effectively identify all kinds of damaged images, no main volume and other Docker running garbage, and complete the safe cleaning work.
- Run sudo dao clean, you can complete the garbage on the host clean up work.
- In order to avoid accidental deletion, the dao clean command also supports the "trial run" function, using the – d parameter, you can list all the garbage has been identified by the user to decide whether to clean up.
Tool three: DaoCloud own host management
Access to its own host to the DaoCloud platform is a long time we launched the function, the release of DaoCloud Toolbox, we decided to own host host monitoring agent, integrated into the DaoCloud Toolbox.
Ownership management service is a unique technology of DaoCloud. With this feature, DaoCloud users can manage all kinds of physical and virtual host resources after public cloud, private cloud and even enterprise firewall through consistent interface and process. These resources converge into a distributed container host resource pool that spans across the cloud to enable high-speed deployment and flexible scheduling of containerized applications.
Question and answer
1. How does DaoCloud Toolbox try?
- Please log in to the DaoCloud console, b click "My Host", then "Add New Host".
- Click "Free Capsule Host" to participate in the experience
- Please follow the on-screen instructions to perform the installation commands provided by us
Note: free capsule host, is the customer without advance payment, you can get the container host, every day we will calculate the scheduling through a reasonable, from the data center node in the idle out of the idle computing resources to form a "capsule cluster." Each "capsule host" comes with a Docker runtime environment and automatically accesses the DaoCloud container management platform. Each "capsule" life is currently 120 minutes, will automatically disappear after expiration. The application information loaded into the Capsule will be retained and automatically migrated. The capsule host can be created repeatedly after it expires.
2. How does DaoCloud Toolbox install?
- Log in to the DaoCloud console, click My Hosts, and then click Add New Host.
- Please follow the on-screen instructions, in the need to install DaoCloud Toolbox host terminal, we provide the installation of the order.
- After the installation is complete, you can execute sudo dao – version from the host terminal to verify that the installation was successful.
- You will also see the host information for the installation just now at the "My Host" interface in the DaoCloud Console. You can – in the – DaoCloud console, manage this host, the specific method, you can refer to our help documentation .
3. What are the requirements for Docker clients using DaoCloud Toolbox?
- DaoCloud Toolbox dao command, will call the machine Docker client API, to complete the various operations.
- DaoCloud Toolbox supports the various Docker clients, including the latest Docker 1.8.
4. Does it support Boot2Docker, Kitematic?
- stand by. When installing, make sure that the Boot2Docker, Kitematic is properly configured, that the Docker client is installed and running properly.
5. Will the previously released Docker Hub accelerator change?
- Docker has recently introduced Docker 1.8, and Docker Hub Registry v2 upgrade, our Docker Hub accelerator has completed the support for the new version of the work.
- DaoCloud Toolbox built-in accelerator upgrade version, do not need VPN network environment, download faster.
- DaoCloud will continue to operate the older version of the Docker Hub Accelerator, but we recommend users to use the upgraded version of DaoCloud Toolbox. These two versions of the service, we will all remain permanent free form.
6. Does the DaoCloud Accelerator provide offline installation?
- DaoCloud accelerator integrates the host toolkit and its own host monitoring and management, need to bind with the user's DaoCloud ID, we do not currently provide offline version installed separately.
7. What tools will DaoCloud Toolbox provide in the future?
- We will continue to expand DaoCloud Toolbox, and will consider the acceptance of various types of third-party development tools. If you have a good idea, please feel free to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .